Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology (CIPET Full Form) is a premier National Institution in India that offers education, research and training in the field of Plastics Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology and other related disciplines. It was established in 1968 by the Government of India under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers. The Head Quarter of CIPET is located at Chennai, Tamil Nadu, and has multiple campuses and satellite centers in all across the country. CIPET is an Autonomous Institute and is affiliated with various institution or Universities for forwarding degrees and diploma in the field of plastic engineering and Technology.
CIPET FULL Form
CIPET Stands for Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology. It offers a wide range of programs at different levels, including diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs, in the field of plastic engineering, polymer technology, plastic design and manufacturing, and more. The institute also conducts short-term and specialized training programs for industry professionals, entrepreneurs and students, to upgrade their skills and knowledge in plastics engineering and technology.
CIPET IPT Full Form
CIPET stands for “Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology (Full Form of CIPET)” and IPT stands for ” Institute of Plastics Technology (IPT)“. Commonly it is called CIPET IPT that is “CIPET Institute of Plastics Technology (IPT)”. CIPET are regional centers of CIPET located in various parts of India, providing specialized training programs and services related to plastics technology.
Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology offers a wide range of courses in the field of plastics engineering, technology, Manufacturing and related areas. The courses offered by CIPET in all across the India in Various Institute include:
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Plastics Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering & Technology: This is a four-year undergraduate program that provides in-depth knowledge and skills in plastics engineering and technology. It covers various aspects of plastics processing, design, material science, testing, and quality control.
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Plastics Engineering/ Manufacturing Engineering & Technology: This is a two-year postgraduate program that offers advanced knowledge and specialization in plastics engineering and technology. It covers advanced topics such as advanced plastics processing techniques, product design, polymer blends and composites, and research methodology.
- Diploma in Plastics Mould Technology/Plastics Technology/Plastics Processing & Testing: These are three-year diploma programs that provide practical training and hands-on experience in plastics processing, mold design and fabrication, quality control, and testing of plastics materials and products.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Plastics Processing & Testing/Plastics Testing & Quality Management: These are 01 year postgraduate diploma programs that focus on specific areas of plastics processing, testing, and quality management. They are designed for graduates or working professionals looking to enhance their skills in these areas.
- Integrated M.Sc In Material Science and Engineering/Polymer Science: This is 5 year full time program specifically focus on Material Science and engineering/Polymer science.
- M.Sc in Polymer Science: This is a 02 years program offered by CIPET. The Program offers the candidates after the competition of Graduation in Science. Specifically it focus on Polymer Science.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Plastics Engineering/Technology: This is a research-oriented program that offers an opportunity to conduct advanced research in the field of plastics engineering and technology under the guidance of experienced faculty members.
In addition to these regular programs, CIPET also offers various short-term courses, skill development programs, and industrial training programs that cater to the specific needs of the plastics industry and professionals.
CIPET Admission 2023
The admission process for Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology (CIPET Full Form) may vary slightly from center to center. The general admission process is given step by step
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates must check the eligibility criteria for the specific program they are interested in pursuing at CIPET. Eligibility criteria may include age limit, educational qualification, and other specific requirements.
Application Form: Candidates need to fill the online or offline application form for the desired program at the respective CIPET center. The application form may require personal details, educational qualifications, and other relevant information.
Entrance Exam: Some CIPET centers conduct entrance exams for admission to certain programs. Candidates need to prepare for the entrance exam as per the syllabus and pattern provided by CIPET. The selection may be based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam.
Counseling: After the entrance exam, shortlisted candidates may be called for counseling at the CIPET center. The counseling process may involve document verification, seat allotment, and fee payment.
Admission Confirmation: Once the counseling process is completed, candidates need to confirm their admission by paying the requisite fees and submitting the necessary documents. Admission is confirmed only after the payment of fees and submission of documents as per the CIPET guidelines.
Commencement of Classes: After the admission confirmation, candidates can start attending classes as per the schedule provided by CIPET.
CIPET Admission 2023 Important Dates
|01||Start Date of Application form||15th April 2023|
|02||Last Date of Apply Application Form||29th May 2023|
|03||Date of Entrance Examination||31st May 2023|
|04||Publication of Result||Will Notify Soon|
|05||Admission Date||July 2023|
|07||Apply Online||Click Here|
How to Apply CIPET 2023
Applying CIPET for the year 2023 the candidates needs to follow the given below instructions.
- Visit the official website of CIPET (https://www.cipet.gov.in/) to obtain the latest information about the admission process, including the application forms, eligibility criteria, and important dates.
- Read and understand the eligibility criteria for the program you wish to apply for. CIPET offers various diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs in plastics engineering, technology, and related fields, and each program may have specific eligibility requirements in terms of educational qualifications, age limits, and other criteria.
- Fill out the application form carefully and accurately with all the required details, such as personal information, educational qualifications, work experience (if applicable), and other relevant information.
- Upload or attach all the required documents, such as educational certificates, identity proof, passport-size photographs, and any other documents as specified in the application form.
- Pay the application fee, if applicable, as per the instructions provided by CIPET. The application fee can usually be paid online or through other available modes of payment.
- Submit the completed application form and supporting documents as per the specified deadline. Make sure to review and verify all the information provided before submission.
- Keep a copy of the submitted application form and payment receipt for your records.
- Wait for the announcement of the selection process, which may include written tests, interviews, or other evaluation methods, depending on the program and the admission process followed by CIPET.
- If you are selected, follow the further instructions provided by CIPET for completing the admission process, such as payment of tuition fees, document verification, and other formalities.
Top 10 CIPET Colleges in India
In India, there is a network of institutes known as CIPET (Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology). The top 10 CIPET colleges in India are listed here, according to criteria including reputation, facilities, faculty, job placements, and general academic excellence.
- CIPET, Chennai – Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology, Chennai
- CIPET, Ahmedabad – Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology, Ahmedabad
- CIPET, Bhubaneswar – Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology, Bhubaneswar
- CIPET, Lucknow – Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology, Lucknow
- CIPET, Jaipur – Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology, Jaipur
- CIPET, Hyderabad – Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad
- CIPET, Guwahati – Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology, Guwahati
- CIPET, Kochi – Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology, Kochi
- CIPET, Hajipur – Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology, Hajipur
- CIPET, Amritsar – Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology, Amritsar
FAQ Related CIPET
Q1. What is the highest salary of CIPET?
Ans : Salary of Graduate Engineer from CIPET can range from INR 30,000 to INR 1,00,000 per month depending on the position and experience.
Q2. Is CIPET private or government?
Ans : CIPET is a government-owned autonomous institute under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Government of India.
Q3. Which course is best in CIPET?